Try this Free Yoga Tune Up® Video and let us know your thoughts
- Pose: Easy Cross Legged Side Bend
- Pose Type: Side bend
- Key Areas of Focus: Abdominal obliques, diaphragm, back muscles.
- Great For: Loosening tight and constricted low back muscles, strengthening the obliques, and improving breathing.
- Therapeutic Application: Great for asthmatics and chest breathers to help expand and loosen restrictions in the rib cage. Improves awareness of breathing into the sides of the body.
- Tips: Take long slow deep breaths, attempting to change the shape of the ribs from inside out.
*Note: Not all exercises are suitable for everyone. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any exercise program. The instruction and advice contained herein are in no way intended to be a substitute for medical counseling.